Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Weekly Update- September 16, 2014

Hola Everyone!!!

This week has been a good one! It's gone by a little slower but that's all good cause I can feel it starting to pick up! A lot has happened this week and I don't even know where to start! A lot of you have been wondering about my companion so here it is!

My Companions name is Hermana Allen, she is from Ogden Utah and is the sweetest girl you will ever meet! She is 20 years old and has been on her mission for about 9 months now and has been in this area for 5 months!! She has a boyfriend who is also on his mission (I forgot where) but yeah she's super cute and I love her to death!

This week has been really good! I almost got hit by a car twice.. but I was able to make it out alive. I need more practice on my bike, and people need more practice driving their cars. This week something really cool happened, this 17 year old boy we've been teaching his name is Daniel and he is the coolest kid ever!!! We had a lesson with him this week and we told him about the Book of Mormon and we gave him his own copy. When he held it in his hands he started crying and said this is what i've been looking for my whole life. He said the could feel the spirit and truth of our words. He is probably a better member of the church than I am already! But that one moment has seriously made my whole life! If that is what being on a mission is all about I don't ever wanna go home!!! (just kidding mom) haha but really it is so cool the way that this gospel can change peoples lives!

I have a lot more to say but sadly i'm out of time...so I just want to end with my testimony (cause I realized I don't really talk about the church much on these emails. I want you all to know that I have such a strong testimony of this church and I know that it is true! I know that heavenly father can help you out with whatever you need, all you have to do is turn to him. you should all read 3 Nephi 13:31-33!

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof. 

Its so great!!!! I hope you all have a great week and I cant wait to hear all about your lives too. Love you all so much and I pray for you everyday! I love you all, bye!

P.S. I am okay at Spanish, but I still have a lot to work on. But more importantly I can ride my bike with both my hands off the handle bars. And i stand up on my bike a lot. 


-Hermana Ihrke


Here's me and my comp eating pig skin... kinda nasty if you ask me. But them Mexicans love it!


a dragonfly and me with all the cute kids we taught!



oh half of our mission is like mexico and the other half is like Beverly hills... you could say im living the best of both worlds!


This is me and my boy marcos! He loves taking long walks on the beach and catching pidgins who cant fly. He takes them home and takes care of them! Love this guy!