Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The church is true- October 27, 2014

hey guys!!!! i hope you guys have had such a great week BECAUSE I HAD THE BEST WEEK EVER!!!!! haha but really this week has been unreal!!!!

This week started off with me catching a robber and saving a dog! haha 

Then  I had a feeling we should knock on this random door (partly because i really liked their Halloween decorations) and an old lady(consuelo) answered and she let us come in and teach her and her 18 year old daughter (connie). consuelo told us that they had been visited by the missionaries 18 years ago! so cool right! she told us she was catholic and that she didnt need to be baptized in our church cause she has already been baptized. Then on our 3 visit to their house Consuelo says she needs to show us something... so she pulled out 6 papers. THEY WERE HER AND HER KIDS BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION CERTIFICATES FOR THE LDS CHURCH!!! LIKE WHAAAA!!! haha it was super confusing but really funny! but connie hasnt been baptized and she is super interested! haha good one Consuelo! You sure tricked us! haha

I decided to start eating really healthy this week.... but the same day i made that decision, i was offered ice cream at every lesson we taught!!!! and i know you are all thinking "why didnt you just say no?" and if your asking that its because you dont understand hespanic culture... YOU CANT SAY NO!! (i dont even like ice cream:( ) haha but its all good! i love it here!

I could keep going on about this amaizing week but i dont have that much time:) haha but the last thing ill tell you about is this guy named David: we have been teaching him for about a month:) he is 23 years old and his family all lives in Guatemala. He is the sweetest guy i have ever met in my whole life and i had the privilege to teach him about the gospel:) and i got to watch him make the decision to be baptized this Sunday! it was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen! ive never seen anyone smile as big as he did! THIS GOSPEL BRINGS TRUE HAPPINESS!!! 

This scripture pretty much sums up my week:
 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and i glory in it.I do not glory of myself but I glory in that which the lord thath commanded me: yeah, and this is my glory that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance: and this is my JOY!
And behold, when i see many of my bretheren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy: then do I remember what the Lord has done for me yeah even that he hath heard my prayer: yea" then do i remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." -Alma 29:9-10

I love you all so much and i hope you are all doing so great! and if you aren't doing so great then i promise this gospel can make you whole! love you! 



Live tweet selfies


We Love Julios


Go big or go home... we are going home big!



me, kiko, hna allen and moises! gotta love em'



our decorations are to die!



soccer is the best!!!! 




Could not be more happy for this awesome guy! oh and shout out to kiko for baptizing him for his first time!! woohoo!


almost fell off my bike into these cactus! good thing I'm coordinated and didn't!


-Hermana Ihrke