Monday, August 10, 2015

Suns out Guns out... and so are the drunk guys:) 8/10/2015

So for those of you who don't know.... TEXAS IS HOT!!!!! It's been about 105 here for the past few days and another thing, TEXAS IS HUMID!!!!! I litterally feel like I just got out of the shower every second of every day... and I don't even shower!! haha  jk (I totally shower! I promise!!!)

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN GREAT!! I love teaching people about the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ:) We have found a lot of new people to teach this week! So there is a complex that we go to a lot and there are always these drunk guys just chilling and yelling at us as we go by... and normally we just hand them a word of wisdom pamphlet and walk away:) But this time we decided to go and talk to them. So we went to the house of one of the members who lives close by and asked them to come with us (for some reinforcement just in case things go wrong:) haha When we came back there was only one guy still there. His name is Elliot:) As we taught him about the restoration everything about him changed, he seemed to have a new desire to find out for him self if there really was more to this life! He said he was going to read the pamphlet we gave him and he wanted us to come back the next day and teach him more. So of course we did! And when we got back to his apt the next day his roommate was there and he also wanted to hear about what we were teaching, and in the middle of the lesson 2 more of the roommates joined in :) Such a cool experience!!

We never know who is prepared to hear about the gospel, it is not our place to make judgements on who is or isn't going to listen. It is our job to go and teach this message to EVERYONE! And that is why I love being a missionary:) 

There was so much more awesome stuff that happened this week that I can't even write it all! But just know that I'm happy and that I love serving our Father in Heaven! 

I hope that everyone has an awesome week! I love you all so much! Oh and if you want to hear some advice from Hna Ihrke - JUST LOVE MORE! 

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear... He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

JUST HAVE LOVE AND YOU WILL NEVER BE AFRAID:) 

Love you!
-Hermana Ihrke

                                                                ME AND CUTE APRIL! She's the best:)

English class party!