Monday, August 24, 2015

ESTOY MUY FELIZ !!!!!!!! 8/24/2015

I'M THE HAPPIEST MISSIONARY IN THE WORLD!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!! This week has been crazy!!!! Seriously I can't even explain how insane this week was! But I had one of the best weeks of my whole mission this week!!!

The sad part was that Hna call was emergency transferred and I love her and miss her. But I am now with Hna Campos! She is amazing! At the end of this transfer she is going back to Honduras to finish her mission over there! But we are partying it up while she is still here!
On Wednesday we went to the temple and I did a family name!!! And I did all her temple work for her !!!!  It was the most spiritual experience!!! And our 2 recent converts both found names to bring to the temple soon!!!  I have the strongest testimony of temple work and how much It helps not only those for whom we do the work but for ourselves as well!!!

“ And now, my dearly beloved brethren and sisters, let me assure you that these are principles in relation to the dead and the living that cannot be lightly passed over, as pertaining to our salvation. For their salvation is necessary and essential to our salvation, as Paul says concerning the fathers—that they without us cannot be made perfect—neither can we without our dead be made perfect.” –D&C 128:15

So right now I would like to tell you about the reasons I'm so happy and it has everything to do with the people I'm so blessed to be teaching!
1-      Kelly and the Cubans (Juan, Gassir,Elliot): these people are some of the coolest people I've ever met in my life! They all recently got here from cuba and they all played soccer professionally over there! And they are also AMAZING chefs! This week we watched the restoration movie with all of them and if you saw only their faces you would have thought we were watching a novella or a soap opera or something! In the middle of the movie one of them yells out “THIS POOR BOY IS SO CONFUSED!!! WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO!!!???” haha we were dying! Then one of the other guys said “haven’t you read the pamphlet???!!!! He prays and sees God!!!”  haha I was peeing my pants!!! They are so much fun !!!
2-      Kelly and the Hondurans (Christian, Gerson, Katy, and Jose): these guys are a party!! They are all about 21-25 years old!! They love to make food with us and this week as we were teaching them they said that we are like part of their family! I love that I have such a great family here on the mission as well as back at home
3-      Manuel and his kids (Adrian & Johnathan) and his roommate Alexis and his sister (Iris) and her son (Antonio): THESE PEOPLE ARE MY FAVORITE !!!! I can't even explain the love that I have for these people , I never thought I could love people outside of my family so much!!! Like my heart has just grown to the size of TEXAS!!!! It's so crazy!!! We had a little Fiesta with them this week with a lot of the members and we watched meet the Mormons!!! It was the BEST NIGHT EVER!!! We had carne asada and just had the best timeJ I LOVE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART!!! Oh and Manuel called us this morning and asked about some questions from the Book of Mormon because he has been listening to it on the way to work! On and he told us that he stopped drinking and told his “friends” to stop calling him to go out and party! HE IS CHANGING SO MUCH AND HE IS SOOO HAPPY!!!! I LOVE SHARING THE GOSPEL WITH OTHERS!!!
So these are our main investigators right now and we have more but I'll tell you about them next time!
I have been having such a great week! I am so blessed!
Oh and today we went to the gallaria and to add to the blessings someone decided to pay for me and my comps food!  I LOVE EVERYONE!!!
I'm so grateful for my life and for these experiences that I have been so blessed to have! I can't even tell you how much the mission has changed my life for the better and I couldn’t be happier!!! And I am so grateful for all of the wonderful examples in my life and for all the support from my family and friends!! I love you all so much! Have a great week!!!

-Hermana Ihrke
We love eachother:)​

​LOVE THESE CHICAS

I love being in America where you get to have like 500 different cultures in one place!

LOVE THE TEMPLE!

LOOK WHO CAME TO CHURCH!!! Manuel &his son Johnathan (far left) Adrian (green shirt) Alexis(with the glasses) Iris (blue dress) and Antonio (plaid shirt)

​FIESTA at Manuels!!! Meet the Mormons is a must see!!!

Carne asada with the one and only ALEXIS!!
​COOKING WITH KELLY AND THE HONDURANS!!! #TAJADITAS

I love to see the temple

I LOVE ITZEL!!!!!