Monday, April 20, 2015

When it rains it pours... 4/20/15

OH MY GOSH!!!!! This week has been so AWESOME!!! I can't even tell you! And time is going by so fast right now!! I cant even believe that I am already half way done with my mission!!!! It  makes me sad to think about it:( but I'm so happy that I still have 9 more months! 

SO this week has been absolutely crazy!!! 

Tuesday: WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!! IT WAS UNREAL!!! We went to the temple with a couple in our ward! It was so great. when I get there a returned senior missionary asked me to do a name for one of her converts family! So that was pretty cool and she served in Europe so that was even cooler cause I LOVE  Europe!!! haha and I saw some people from the other mission that I knew too. That was cool:) 

 Friday: so for this week we have been riding our bikes:) We were riding our bikes out of our apt. complex and some people came up to us and said "hey yall know there's gonna be a huge storm, it's gonna flood all of houston tonight!" Me and Hna Wood looked at eachother and said "then there is no point in getting our rain jackets." haha so we left. Then an hour later it starts raining. It wasn't too bad, untill an hour later... OH MY GOSH I HAVE NEVER SEEN BIGGER RAIN DROPS IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!  Seriously I've never been more wet!!! I bet people thought we were crazy riding our bikes in that storm. The thunder and lightning was crazy! And soo close to us!! The water came up to our knees while we were biking. we strait up looked like jet skis with our wake coming out of the back of our bikes!!! It was AWESOME!!! (I have videos but I'll have to show yall when I get home:) Eventually the flood was so bad we couldn't bike home so the elders had to come and rescue us! It was a miracle that they even made it in their car... we saw people car bumpers getting ripped off by the water rushing by in the streets. You couldn't  even see the side walks! Everyone was pulled over! Some people couldn't get into their cars because if they opened the door water would flood in! It was CRAZY AND AWESOME! BEST NIGHT EVER!

Saturday the elders prank called us sooo good!! While we weren't looking they changed their number in our phone to say Houston Police dept. so later that night they called and we thought it was the police! They said that we have been charged with trespassing! (if you know me then you would know I've already been charged with that, before my mission) so I was freeking out! haha they took a video of it! It was soo funny! I'll show yall in like 9 months:)

Then on Sunday WE SAVED A LIFE!!! So we were biking to a meeting and while we were heading over we saw a group of kids hanging out (up to no good) then we saw behind them a guy who was lying on the stairs foaming from the mouth and throwing up all over himself. He looked like he was having a seizure! So we called 911 and talked with the kids about what happened. They said he had been smoking synthetic weed and fell from the top of the stairs. We asked why they didn't call 911 yet and they said it was because they were on probation and can't get in trouble. So we waited there untill the ambulance came and they said that we saved this kids life. He was about 15 yrs old:( It makes me so sad! but I'm so happy Heavenly Father put us in the right place at the right time to help him out! Right after that we got another flood warning and we were told to get home asap! So we hauled on our bikes to get home, it was raining so hard and thundering like the other night. But then when we were like 10 min from our house it started HAILING!!! LIKE GOLF BALL SIZED HAIL!!!! IT HURT SO BAD!!!! We have welts all down our arms and our backs! but we made it home alive:) haha Texas is awesome! 

I love my mission sooo much! I can't even tell you how much I have grown! I am so happy to be out here serving the people of Texas and I love being a missionary!!! I love you all so much! Have a great week! And remember to be happy! love you!

-Hermana Ihrke
​The cute family Fernandez! love them!


​Cute sister missionaries we met at the temple! 
IT'S RAINING!!!!!


​We look like models right? haha jk 

​I look CRAZY!!! And #towhitetohandle #nomakeupfortherestofmymission
​It's our 9 month mark!!! My 9 months for being in my mission and Arturos 9 months for being a member!!! love him!!!


We are celebrating our 9 months and 6 months!