Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BUENOS DIAS!!!! 4/13/2015

Hola Amigos:)

So this week was awesome and I know I say that almost every week but for realz this week was DOPE! 

So this past monday was a sad day because the dentist told me I had to get a root canal:( and I was really really sad about that (as you can imagine). But then I went to a different dentist and he said that I don't have to get a root canal and he numbed me up and fixed me in like 10 min!  SERIOUSLY AN ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!!!! THE DR. WAS SOOOO GREAT!!! The church is true:)

So I realized that I haven't been talking too much about the people we have been teaching and alot of people have been asking about them so I'm gonna give yall the low down on these wonderful people!

First we have Rafael: he is AWESOME!!! he's from Honduras and he has a wife and 3 kids all still living in Honduras. He loves the church and the gospel he is just having a hard time making the decision to be baptized but I have no doubt that he will get baptized this week or next:) oh and cool fact, turns out his family in Honduras are all taking the missionary lessons too!!!! Soo happy!!!
Next we have Oscar: he is also from Honduras! He LOVES LOVES LOVES the church! He said that he has been to a lot of churches but he has never felt the way he does when he goes to this church! He loves reading the book of mormon and he will also be baptized super soon:) The only hard thing with him is that his roomates HATE mormons, so we can't go to his apt. but we are praying that his roomates hearts will be softened:) 

We have a lot more investigators but I'll tell you about more of them next week:) 

We did so much service this week!!! It was awesome!!!! We helped out at this MS place... there was a miss print in all of these handouts so we went through and changed all the "11"s to "10"s haha SUPER EXCITING RIGHT??? haha but they appriciated it:) 
Then we volunteered at the Rice University!!!!! I WANT TO GO THERE WHEN I GET HOME! That campus is unbelievably beautiful!!! If you have internet look it up! Cause it's stunning!!! Any way we helped out with this CPR class! I got to keep the blow up doll that you practice on! haha too funny!!! But yeah we had a good time! 

I just want you all to know that I know that this church is true:) seriously I've never been more happy before in my life! I know that through scripture study and prayer I have a better relationship with my Father in Heaven and it brings me so much JOY!!! I also LOVE serving others!!!! Service is one of the best ways to get happy fast! So go out and serve! love you all so much! have a great week! ttyl!

-Hermana Ihrke


Missed this zoo pic! haha 

How many elders does it take to fix my bike??? haha They are the best!!!


​Service at the MS place!!!!

​Look who came to visit!!!! I MISS THEM ALL SOO MUCH!!!!! They are the best!!!!
LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!!!

This is not Matt :)
Oh and ps Elder Matt Webster is my zone leader! haha whaaaa???